Saturday, September 27, 2008

I-20 Student

Have you done something different from your family and friends, gone to another country far away from home, or maybe done something you didn´t think about doing before? And all this just to follow a dream, to be better in what you want the most, to excel yourself?

Well, that is what some international students do while going to study to other country. And that is exactly what I have done.

What I want the most in my life is to be used by the Lord. My dream is to be an instrument in His hands! That's why I decided to come and study in the United States. Believe me that is not easy at all. You can´t imagine all the difficulties an international student has to go through until you are in his or her place!

First, there were many preparations I had to go through. For example, I had to fill out all the forms the college asks for, take the SAT (take in mind that for an international student it is twice as difficult because it is not in your own language), find financial support, ask for recomendations, etc.. I felt I was going crazy!

When all that was done and finally sent to the college, the only thing to do was to wait for the aproval and the I-20 Form to come. It was scary! That was a time of praying a lot and waiting patiently in the Lord. I was sure that it would be God´s will for me to come and study if I was accepted, and if not God would have something else for me.
The big surprise came when I was accepted, and finaly the I-20 form arrived!
The next big step was getting the VISA and again I had to gather all the papers needed, pray about it, and wait.
I´m so happy because in all this I saw the Lord´s hand, I saw how He was oppening the doors one by one and it was just amaizing! I´m learning that when you really trust Him and start walking in the direccion the Lord is showing you, He takes care of you and shows you were to go. And even when it seems imposible or it seems that there is no way ahead He shows you step by step that there is a way and that it is not imposible with Him. When I got my VISA, I knew that it was God´s will for me to come and study what I love...and that is MUSIC! I know that God will fullfil His purpose in me with the gifts He has given me.

Now here at college, the good thing has just started! Yes, it is crazy sometimes. I'm still adjusting and there are many challenges I still face, but God has been with me at all times. As it says in Phil. 4:13, I can do all things through Jesus Christ. With Him all things are posible!

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Wow! That was an awesome blog! I never even realized how hard it would be for an international student to come to college. I have a tendency to go about my business and think about how hard it is for me and wonder whether I'll make it. This really helped me to realize that when I think I'm having a hard time, it isn't even close to some of the circumstances that other student's are going through. I have a lot of respect for someone that tries that hard to get something they want. Great job Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

What an eye opening blog for us American students. I'm sure it has to be amazing to watch God work out problem after problem in order to get you to the place He wants you. We're really glad you're here!